Monday, March 2, 2009

Made in his image




Today I awoke early to discover that the ground was covered in snow. I've lived in Lynchburg, Virginia for about two years and I know that snow is a rare sight to see. It turns out we got hit with about 9 inches of snow, the most we've had in a decade according to the weather man. Anyways, like little kids, my wife Lindsey and I went outside to go play in it. We ended up building a rather unusual snowman, or snowthing. It has hair made out of leaves, uneven stick arms, crazy eyes, and a mouth full of crazy sharp twig teeth with a few old berries in his mouth.We didn't really have any rocks so the snowman had to settle for a buttonless coat. It is definitely one of the weirdest snowmen I have ever made.. but I would not change a thing.

I enjoyed making it and even though it's not your "everyday" snowman, I am proud of it. It is my creation and to me its the way I wanted it, whether you may like it or not.

God made us in his image. We are his masterpiece creation. Every person has God's unique touch and whether you or I find flaws in ourselves or other people, He created us just the way He wanted. We can find peace knowing that our creator loves us just the way we are. He would not change a thing.

No comments: